Network     Dungeon Fighter Source    |    Dragon Nest Source
Home Forums Mods Requests Guides
Welcome to the largest Dragon Nest Modification database, bringing texture and audio mods to Dragon Nest NA & Global.

Go Back   Dragon Nest Modification Community > Dragon Nest Modification Releases > Armor & Costume Modifications > Archer

Costume Mod Custom Set - Argenta (Bad Attempt!) Details »»
Costume Mod Custom Set - Argenta (Bad Attempt!)

MOD Information
The Developer
Developer Last Online: Nov 2013 Show Printable Version Email this Page

Game: Dragon Nest Rating: (2 votes - 5.00 average)
Released: 09-09-2011 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Re-useable Code  
No support by the author.

Costume Mod Custom Set - Argenta (Bad Attempt!)

Last updated: 2011/09/09
~Keripo

Downloads

Link:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Files:
- Custom Sets/dn-costumes-custom-ar_argenta_bad-v1 - For default costume

Screenshots

Note: This of my mystic since I don't have an archer.

More screenshots here.

Info

Mods consists of:
- Resource00-mod-so-costume_school01_3-argenta.pak (Costume Mod)
- Resource00-ar_normal-so_school01_03.pak (Costume)

This is my crappy test with costume making. I was wondering how easy/hard it is to create a custom costume mod using graphics files from NPCs. The answer is: its very easy. Just do a bit of copy-pasting and skewing in Photoshop and you got a nice custom costume. EXCEPT, so_school was a VERY bad choice for a mod startpoint! V-neck, skirt, chest, and no cape means bad Argenta outfit! The result is a pretty crappy school outfit mod that I'm only releasing to inspire others to make a better one! ; 3

And no, I have no committed plans on actually making a proper costume mod. So do not ask, cause I will just ignore you ; ) This was just a test to demonstrate how easy it is to make a costume mod (it takes time, however, to make a GOOD costume mod).

For more information on how to create your own mods, see the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] sub-forum.

Install instructions
(make sure to modify all instructions to include the version numbers for the zips)

1) Download the costume pack.
2) Extract the zip somewhere and open up the folder.
3) Copy the .pak files to your Dragon Nest install folder (e.g. "C:/Nexon/Dragon Nest/")
4) Run Dragon Nest and put on the replaced costume (for default, remove all your costumes parts).
5) Exit Dragon Nest and mix-and-match until you're satisfied ^_^
Note: Don't forget to remove ALL mods before doing a game update - otherwise the update process might screw up (and you'll have to re-install Dragon Nest)!

FAQ

What is this?
These are mods to replace your in-game character costume with custom ones. All costumes used already exist in-game; these mods change specific costumes to use different skin files (and thus graphics) of the costume of your choice. In this custom costume case, some new graphics or graphic replacements are also introduced.

Is this legal?
All these mods are client-sided only, meaning they only affect what YOU see (not what others see). Apart from making your character look more awesome/badass/cute/etc., they do not affect actual gameplay. From what I've heard, Nexon frowns upon client mods but historically hasn't banned anyone (except on Vindictus where they've banned for using nude mods apparently). Needless to say, use these mods at your own risk ;P

Can you make me a custom costume of xxx?
No. Use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] subforums, but you'll have a better chance following [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and making one yourself.

Happy modding!

~Keripo

As a teaser, this is what happens when you try to turn your archer into Irene through .skn swaps. Oh, and no, it doesn't actually work - what you don't fully see in that screenshot are all the random lines poking out from the archer's back. If I didn't edit the head .dds file, you would also be seeing Irene's head poking out from under the archer's chin ; 3

Screenshots

DN 2011-09-09 01-00-58 Fri.jpg   DN 2011-09-09 00-45-46 Fri.jpg  

Show Your Support

• This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Comments
Old 09-09-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
Melon

Nice job! It still looks pretty neat! I also am going to convert some npc outfits too after hairs. Its fun learning new things!
Melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
Keroara

I actually like this Argenta costume regardless of you saying it's a crappy attempt. Good work!
Keroara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
Keripo

Location: Not playing DN anymore. See http://dragonnestmods.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16177#post16177
Send a message via AIM to Keripo Send a message via MSN to Keripo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon View Post
Nice job! It still looks pretty neat! I also am going to convert some npc outfits too after hairs. Its fun learning new things!
If you want a stab at it, do NOT be silly and start off with a full body costume like me (especially one that doesn't match Argenta's model at all like the school outfit xD)! Go through the existing costume parts and pick out ones with similar models so you can just do simple .dds edits instead of going far enough into model edits.

I do know that an Irene mod will be in high demand, so I might actually try making a proper mod later on when I have time (univ just started).

~Keripo

Keripo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Jelly

Nice and neat!
Jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
haoren

Holy shit dude
That is sexy
haoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #7
NiCO

looking forward to successful attempt of argenta hair and body
NiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
lPiatos

New Argenta Smexy one KEWL xD
lPiatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
jrald

Cooool argenta.
jrald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
ImagineNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keripo View Post
If you want a stab at it, do NOT be silly and start off with a full body costume like me (especially one that doesn't match Argenta's model at all like the school outfit xD)! Go through the existing costume parts and pick out ones with similar models so you can just do simple .dds edits instead of going far enough into model edits.

I do know that an Irene mod will be in high demand, so I might actually try making a proper mod later on when I have time (univ just started).

~Keripo
Looking good so far!
I'm sorry to say though, Melon beat you to an Irine outfit
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ImagineNation is offline   Reply With Quote