Network     Dungeon Fighter Source    |    Dragon Nest Source
Home Forums Mods Requests Guides
Welcome to the largest Dragon Nest Modification database, bringing texture and audio mods to Dragon Nest NA & Global.


Go Back   Dragon Nest Modification Community > Modifications > Guides & Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
nozomi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Default [Request Guide]Changing of weapon skin

I have gotten a .pak file from duowan website. Credit goes to 爷来过x. This file is used to replace lvl 40 equipments. So how do i change it to fit lower level equipments? Need an experienced helper please.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Resource01-fashion??????.rar (136.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by nozomi; 09-17-2011 at 07:06 AM.
nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
Curisu
Senior Member
 
Curisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Openly Against ACTA.
Posts: 1,797
Send a message via MSN to Curisu
Default

Well it simple really, have the tool downloaded so your able to open the .pak file.

From here, just rename it to the one you have currently equipped and re-pak it.

Example:
I have "Armor_3" equipped but I want it to look like "SexyArmor_2"; You rename "Armor_3" to "SexyArmor_2" then the armor that you just renamed, all you have to do it .pak it then put it into the client AFTER you let the patcher patch(having the modded .pak file in your DN folder while patching may cause corruption).
Note that "Armor_3" and "SexyArmor_2" were just for this example.

And if your wondering how to find the file names, you can figure that out by using the DN Model Browser Tool from this thread:
http://dragonnestmods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202

Just start DN Model Browser, then choose your DN folder and let it load, once its done loading, you can right click any .skn file in the DN Model Browser and select "Render". You should be able to figure out the file names doing that and extract specific files as well.

Good luck =]
Curisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
nozomi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Default

the skin is custom made. Not created by the developer. Will it work the way you suggest still?
nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
Curisu
Senior Member
 
Curisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Openly Against ACTA.
Posts: 1,797
Send a message via MSN to Curisu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozomi View Post
the skin is custom made. Not created by the developer. Will it work the way you suggest still?
As long as the person who made the .skn and .msh converted it right it should(tried downloading the .rar to see if it was in the correct format and stuff but the file is corrupted).

Just have to make sure you name the files the correct name. Also, make sure once you .pak the files, its named something like "Resource01_filenamehere.pak"

Last edited by Curisu; 09-17-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Curisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
nozomi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Default

uploaded again. Its in a .pak format. I have downloaded keripo's tool.

how do i pak a file?

Last edited by nozomi; 09-17-2011 at 07:18 AM.
nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
Curisu
Senior Member
 
Curisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Openly Against ACTA.
Posts: 1,797
Send a message via MSN to Curisu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozomi View Post
uploaded again. Its in a .pak format. I have downloaded keripo's tool.

how do i pak a file?
Eh, was using a different version of the .pak tool, use this one to repak it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?88oiza2jjwutbw6

Just put your file(s) in the resource folder and click PakPacker.exe then click the resource checkmark and hit ok. Just make sure to name it to something like "Resource01_filenamehere.pak" and then put it in your DN folder AFTER you patch.
Curisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
dankelly
Senior Member
 
dankelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Somewhere in my mind
Posts: 243
Default

the file you gave had some virus on it. next be sure to give a virus scan for security purposes.
dankelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
drkieran
Senior Member
 
drkieran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Under da SEA!!!!
Posts: 260
Default

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

-sigh-

halfway in that guide is what your asking
drkieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #9
arthasbg
Senior Member
 
arthasbg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curisu View Post
Well it simple really, have the tool downloaded so your able to open the .pak file.

From here, just rename it to the one you have currently equipped and re-pak it.

Example:
I have "Armor_3" equipped but I want it to look like "SexyArmor_2"; You rename "Armor_3" to "SexyArmor_2" then the armor that you just renamed, all you have to do it .pak it then put it into the client AFTER you let the patcher patch(having the modded .pak file in your DN folder while patching may cause corruption).
Note that "Armor_3" and "SexyArmor_2" were just for this example.

And if your wondering how to find the file names, you can figure that out by using the DN Model Browser Tool from this thread:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just start DN Model Browser, then choose your DN folder and let it load, once its done loading, you can right click any .skn file in the DN Model Browser and select "Render". You should be able to figure out the file names doing that and extract specific files as well.

Good luck =]
Actually the renaming is different

For example : You use ar_magic01 set and you want it to look like ar_seadragon

you take all skn files of seadragon (body/glove/leg/boot) and rename them to ar_magic01 (example : ar_seadragon_body (idk if that was the exact name) should become ar_magic01_body ) and so on and then pack them
arthasbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:07 AM   #10
Curisu
Senior Member
 
Curisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Openly Against ACTA.
Posts: 1,797
Send a message via MSN to Curisu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthasbg View Post
Actually the renaming is different

For example : You use ar_magic01 set and you want it to look like ar_seadragon

you take all skn files of seadragon (body/glove/leg/boot) and rename them to ar_magic01 (example : ar_seadragon_body (idk if that was the exact name) should become ar_magic01_body ) and so on and then pack them
I was only saying for one piece, not the full set or all armors of a specific tier in a specific class, should of clarified on that, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankelly View Post
the file you gave had some virus on it. next be sure to give a virus scan for security purposes.
It did not have a virus on it, the file "DN Mods Packer.exe" may READ as a virus but it is a false positive, many modding tools and even official game files from the companies that actually make the games will read as a virus but 95% of them are false positives.

Last edited by Curisu; 10-03-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Curisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.